We can provide a variety of timber to suit your specification but here are a few that we use frequently in our workshop.
- Red Grandis- A high-grade naturally durable Hardwood timber. We manufacture joinery from engineered Red Grandis, which is a very stable product. Red Grandis is used as our standard timber for exterior products with a painted finish. It is fully FSC, very environmentally friendly, and can all be traced to source.
- Red wood- A softwood pine, used for internal and external Joinery, good insulation properties, the heartwood is moderately resistant to preservative treatment, and the sapwood is permeable. Moderately resistant to decay.
- Sapele – Found in Congo or Cameroon. A dark red mahogany type timber, it is class one hardwood, with straight and fairly consisted tight grain. It is a lot more durable than softwood and we would recommend this for external Joinery. Can be painted or stained
- European Oak – A durable timber than can be finished or left natural to grey. We will use kiln dried prime grade unless otherwise specified. Full of character, oak is a very well-known and popular timber.
- Accoya - is manufactured via a non-toxic treatment and uses fast-growing softwood timber from sustainable sources. The treated wood has very high durability and dimensional stability allowing for reduced maintenance and is a viable alternative to even high-energy man-made materials. It comes with a 50 year guarantee and we have been accredited under the ‘trained users of accoya scheme. For more information visit www.accoya.com