Terms and conditions of sale.
• The “Buyer” means the Account Holder or person who buys or agrees to buy Goods from the Seller. • The “Seller” means GK Joinery Ltd. • “Conditions” means the conditions of sale set out in this document and any special conditions agreed in writing by the Seller with the buyer.
• The “Terms and Conditions” do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
• Acceptance of delivery of the Goods shall be deemed conclusive evidence of the Buyer acceptance of these conditions.
3. Price. All prices are subject to VAT which will be charged at the current rate 4. Payment A deposit will be required, and failure to pay within 7 days will result in cancellation of the contract. Full payment is required for the goods, ironmongery, painting and glazing, if agreed, before any joinery is delivered or installed
5. Warranty and liability.
• Regular Maintenance of all Timber Products is required by the buyer.
• The Seller warrants that the Goods will at the time of delivery correspond to the description given by the Seller.
• Whilst every reasonable effort shall be made to keep to an agreed delivery date, time of delivery shall not be of the essence and the Seller shall not be liable for any losses, costs, damages or expenses incurred by the Buyer or any other person or company arising directly or indirectly out of any failure to meet any estimated delivery date. Unless stated in the estimate, delivery if required will be at an additional cost to the buyer.
7. Ownership and Risk.
• The Seller remains the legal owner of the Goods affected by the contract until the Seller has been paid in full for such Goods.
• The Buyer shall inspect the Goods immediately upon receipt or collection and shall notify the Seller within 72 hours of delivery or collection in writing if the Goods are damaged or do not comply with any of the Contract. If the Buyer fails to do this he is deemed to have accepted the Goods.
The seller holds no responsibility for goods damaged in transit by a third party. Any Goods in respect of which any claim of defect or damage is made shall be preserved by the Buyer intact, and either:
• Retained by the Buyer for 14 days to enable the Seller to inspect or collect the Goods or: At the Sellers option returned by the Buyer to the Seller who will inspect the Goods to confirm if they are in fact defective.
8. Cancellation. If cancellation by the buyer occurs after the commencement of work then the buyer must pay any costs incurred by the seller. This includes drawings, meetings, materials and labour.
9. Guarantees We do not provide a guarantee against the failure or defect resulting from the application of paintwork, varnishing, oiling or finishing of any kind. We will apply your chosen finish according to the manufactures instructions. Any failure in the finish must be taken up with the manufacturer directly. Products applied to oak will only delay the greying effect of oak only, and will need to be regularly re-applied.
Standard double glazed units are guaranteed for 10 years by the manufacturer. This guarantee covers the replacement of the double glazed unit only, NOT labour to fit, glazing materials or beads Slim lite units are guaranteed for 5 years by the manufacturer. This guarantee cover the replacement of unit only, NOT labour to fit, glazing materials or beads.
Where fitting work is carried out by a third party (anyone not employed directly by GK Joinery Ltd), GK Joinery Ltd will not be held responsible for any damages to products supplied, or faulty installation. Where the Goods have been manufactured by GK Joinery Ltd and are found to be defective, or installation work carried out by by GK Joinery Ltd is found to be defective; GK Joinery Ltd shall repair or, at its sole discretion, Replace defective Goods free of charge upon the following conditions: The defect being due to a fault in design, workmanship or materials; All external joinery must be fully decorated within 2 weeks of delivery/installation and then at regular intervals thereafter. The interval to comply with the manufacturers instructions. Rot is guaranteed for period of 3 years provided the joinery is fully decorated within 2 weeks of installation and at regular intervals thereafter All glazing work carried out by a third party must use appropriate glazing materials and installation techniques. Movement of timber is unavoidable (shrink and swelling) we will leave reasonable tolerances in the fitting of doors and windows, but cannot be held responsible if the joinery swells or shrinks after installation. Multi point locking systems must be lubricated with oil or lubricant every 6 months, failure to do so will result in any guarantee being void Spiral balances have a 10 year warranty to cover replacement of parts, this does not cover fitting of replacement parts
10. Decoration and Fitting Unless otherwise specified in the contract, when fitting work is organised by the seller, the seller will recommend a 3rd party not directly employed by the seller. The contract for fitting work will be between the Buyer and the 3rd party. Payment for fitting work will be paid directly to the 3rd party unless otherwise stated. Where decoration is carried out by a 3rd party not directly employed by the seller, the contract for the work and any guarantees for that work, is between the buyer and the 3rd party. Unless otherwise stated payment should be made directly to the 3rd party
11. Miscellaneous Unless otherwise stated in the contract: Joinery products will come as bare timber without any coatings Glass will be provided but not installed Ironmongery will not be fitted or provided Inward opening door cills will be made with a plastic weather bar, a modern metal threshold can be installed at an extra cost